Monday 4 April 2011

2011 WORLD CUP PRESENTATION CEREMONY


Winners of 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup After 28 Years: 



Team India Celebrates with ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 :



Yuvraj Player of the Tournament
Yuvraj Singh, who performed brilliantly with the bat and ball, was adjudged the 2011 World Cup Player of the Tournament .Yuvraj was the unanimous choice of a select group of experts following his sensational form that helped guide his side to the title.

BATTING:

 The 29-year-old scored a total of 362 runs at an average of 86.19 in eight innings. Along the way, he also won four Man of the Match awards.

BOWLING:He also took 15 wickets at an average of 25.13 and an economy-rate of 5.02 with his more-than-useful slow left-arm bowling.


"It means the world to me. I have been part of the three World Cups. This is for the nation. Thank you very much, we love you. This cup is for the people," said Yuvraj.


Dhoni Man of the Match of WC final
Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was named Man of the Match of the final against Sri Lanka here Saturday. India defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets chasing a tough target of 257 runsDhoni scored an unbeaten 91 runs and shared a 91-run partnership with Gautam Gambhir (97)

 M S DHONI



This is what Mahi said when called up for an interview in Post match presentation.
1. Why I didn’t`choose Ravichandran Ashwin instead of Sreesanth ?
2. Why I change the batting order ?
He Answers himself without even asking, As per need of the situation and knowing Sri Lankan`s attack, I promote myself up the order, coach Gary Kirsten along with senior players (Sachin, Sehwag) had shown confidence in me, more often I have to prove myself as for long time, I am coming lower down the order as to give opportunities to younger players – -
Words of other Legend MS Dhoni, Captain Team India.

.



No comments:

Post a Comment